Created in 2007 as one of the priority Programs of the Government of the State of Bahia, NEOJIBA has, as its main aim, to attain social integration via collective practice and excellence in music. In Brazil, NEOJIBA is the first governmental Program inspired by the acclaimed Venezuelan Program “El Sistema”, created in 1975. NEOJIBA is led by the Human Rights and Social Development Secretariat and is managed by the Instituto de Ação Social Pela Música (IASPM), a non-profit organization qualified as a Social Organization. The founding director of NEOJIBA is the conductor and pianist Ricardo Castro. NEOJIBA benefits over 4.600 children, adolescents and youth, through its Núcleos de Prática Orquestral e Coral and extension activities, such as the Network of Orchestral Projects of Bahia and the NEOJIBA in the Neighborhoods Project.
* Youth Orchestra of Bahia participated in the Music Festival of Santa Catarina, as the resident orchestra;
* First US tour of the Youth Orchestra of Bahia, with 12 concerts in 4 states, together with Jean Yves Thibaudet;
* NEOJIBA transferred to the Social Development and Poverty Fighting Secretariat;
* Signing of the new management contract between the State Government and the Instituto de Ação Social Pela Música (IASPM);
* Opening of the Centers at Nordeste de Amaralina and Feira de Santana, in partnership with the Projeto Estrelas Musicais and the Antonio Gasparini Institute;
* Creation of the NEOJIBA in the Neighborhoods Project;
* European Tour 2014 of the Youth Orchestra of Bahia, touring through 7 cities in Switzerland, Italy and the UK, with Martha Argerich, Colin Currie and other distinguished soloists;
* 14 musicians from NEOJIBA travel to play on the UN Day with Lang Lang.
* Participation of the Youth Orchestra of Bahia in the Trancoso Music Festival, as the resident orchestra;
* Opening of the Center of Orchestral Practice in Bairro da Paz, in partnership with the Santa Casa de Misericórdia da Bahia;
* Concert of the Infant-Juvenile orchestra of SESI Itapagipe in Brasília;
* Celebration of the 5 years of NEOJIBA with presentations of the Ninth Symphony by Beethoven and the creation of the Gigantic Orchestra;
* Inception of the NEOJIBA Symphonic Choir.
* Opening of the first Centers of Orchestral Practice and Choir in Simões Filho, Península Itapagipana and Trancoso, in partnership with Obras Sociais Irmã Dulce, FIEB/SESI and Trancoso Institute;
* Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho changes its name to Youth Orchestra of Bahia;
* Youth Orchestra of Bahia participates in the festival Lang Lang Inspires, side by side with the pianist Lang Lang, at the Royal Festival Hall in London;
* Concerts in Berlin and Geneva, with the pianist Maria João Pires;
* Concert of the Youth Orchestra of Bahia in the series Brazilian Mozarteum, with the violinist Shlomo Mintz.
* Participation of the Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho in the FEMUSC – Music Festival of Santa Catarina, as the resident orchestra;
* 1st European and Brazilian South-East Tour, including Lisbon, London, Belo Horizonte, Campos do Jordão and São Paulo;
* Live recording of the 1st DVD at the 40th International Winter Festival at Campos do Jordão;
* Creation of the Experimental Pedagogical Orchestra (EPO);
* Creation of the Youth Choir of NEOJIBA;
* NEOJIBA joins the Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI), the largest network of musical projects for youth in the world;
* Collaborative work with orchestral projects in the countryside of the State of Bahia.
* Brazilian North-East tour of the Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho, including Aracaju, Maceió, Recife, João Pessoa, Natal, Fortaleza and Salvador;
* Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho participates in the 39th International Winter Festival at Campos do Jordão;
* Inception of the workshop of Lutherie of NEOJIBA and enablement of the first youth in the field of Lutherie;
* Pedagogical interchange and visit to “El Sistema”, in Venezuela, with participation of 60 members of the Program;
* Creation of the Castro Alves Orchestra (OCA);
* NEOJIBA Program is widely communicated and the contract between the State Government and the AOJIN for the management of the Program is signed.
* Beginning of the technical cooperation partnership with the United Nations Development Program (UNDP);
* Partnership with the Social Volunteers of Bahia, to assist with transportation, meals and a scholarship for members of the Program;
* Creation of the Association of Friends of the Juvenile and Youth Orchestras of NEOJIBA (AOJIN), for support and participation of the civil society in the NEOJIBA actions;
* 1st pedagogical exchange with the YOA – Orchestra of the Americas, in Salvador.
* Launch of the Program and public selection of 80 young musicians, to become the foundation members of the Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho;
* Visit and pedagogical exchange with “El Sistema”, in Venezuela, with 12 multiplying youth;
* 1st concert of the Youth Orchestra 2 de Julho, on October 10th at the TCA, under preparation and conduction of the Venezuelan conductor Manoel Lopez.